13 Surprising Uses of Coconut Oil in Skin Care
I love coconut oil. I use it for cooking, skin care, hair care and I make my own toothpaste with it. I even make my own chocolate using coconut oil as a base.
Here are some surprising facts about how to use coconut oil for skincare that you might not know about:
- Coconut makes a great moisturizer. For daytime, use it sparingly so you don’t shine too much, but for night time, you can be a bit more liberal with it. Coconut oil is excellent in fighting germs, so it is great for blemishes as well as dry skin. It can also help in fading age spots.
- It makes a great eye-cream which can reduce puffiness
- Who needs to buy make up remover if you can use coconut oil? Rub it into your face and remove with a washer dipped in very warm water and then wrung out.
- Use it as a great tanning oil. It actually has SPF4 so it also offers some protection.
- If you had too much sun, you can soothe the skin by applying to the sore areas.
- Coconut oil rubbed into your legs will reduce the appearance of varicose veins
- Daily application will reduce cellulite too!
- Mixed with salt will give you a luxurious dry feet treatment. Just rub in and then remove the salt with dry towel
- Mix coconut oil with baking soda to make a lovely facial scrub. Rinse off with cool water and pet dry. You will smell delicious.
- For body scrub, mix with sugar and add some nice essential oil (rose or orange are my favourite)
- Use coconut cream as a natural have cream as well as an after shave lotion.
- It moisturizes lips like a natural chapstick.
- Rub it into your cuticles to promote healthy nail growth.